Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Look at the New NUNS

First a few movie quotes from one of my Favorite "Nun" Movies Two Mules for Sister Sarah

When we get up to that village, Sister, then I'll say adios.
This is where we part company.
- Now what are you doin'? -
I must say a prayer at this shrine.
You said your prayers last night.
It's a sin to pass a shrine without praying.
-
Not if you shut your eyes. -
Please, Mr Hogan.
All right, it's a small shrine, let's make it a small prayer.
Buenos dias, hermana.
You see, Mr Hogan, what a little prayer can do?
The Lord provided a kind gentleman who accepted my mule for this creature of God. Now I can still be with you.
Your mule for that burro? If that kind gentleman traded you even, you won't be meeting up with him in heaven.


Another Favorite Movie Quote

By the way, Sister, I guess I owe you an apology. When I was trying to get you up the tree, I...
Oh, no apology is necessary, Mr Hogan. In emergencies, the Church grants dispensation. It's no sin that you pushed me up the tree with your hands on my ass.
Where'd you learn that kind of English?
- What kind? -
Ass.
Oh, in the convent. Sister Harriet taught us words for parts of the body. This part she called the ass.
Where is this Sister Harriet from, anyway?
New Orleans. Why?
I'd sure as hell like to know what she did before she became a nun.


And My Favorite from the Big Railroad blowing up scene

Sober up! You sober up, you dirty bastard or I'll kill you! Sit up!
Now, tell me when to hold my breath.
Dear Mary, Mother of God, help this no-good atheist to shoot straight.
Hold your breath. (Cocks gun ) Hold your breath.
What did I tell you?
Did I or did I not hear you call me a bastard?
Well, I suppose whiskey can make a man hear anything.
Dear Lord, forgive him for the impurity of his thoughts. There's the cantina I'm looking for. I may need your help.
- Can you go into a saloon? -
In times like this...
The Church grants dispensations, I know.

Well perhaps we are blessed that we don't have many real sisters like Sister Sarah :)
However there is a new kind of sister and nun entering the convent and the world!!! Creative Minority Report has more at A New Kind Of Nun

No comments: