Monday, September 17, 2007

Bama Fan Gives Catholic Conversion Story

I am adding this blogger to the Catholic link section. It is called From Burke to Kirk and Beyond.... . By the way this is not the only blogger I have that supports in their ignorance the "beast" AKA Univ of Alabama. I got one in the political links. Speaking of Catholicism and the Bama, their former coach Mr Shula, who got screwed over, was a devout Catholic. EWTN even had a segment on him and how he went to daily Mass. Thankfully EWTN has not started broadcasting BAMA games but I am sure their Catholic Alumni are trying to figure how to pull that off as well as make the Bear a Saint and having 40 hour devotions broadcast for the football team.. Nick Satan is a Catholic too. I have no idea what faith LSU Coach Les Miles is but I know he is not Catholic. He is a pretty big Christian from what I hear and every time I see and listen to him he just screams Methodist to me :) Who doesn't like Methodists? They are like the worker bees that are keep things running and are always nice and have you over to dinner.

Anywho Tip of the Hat to ET TU? who had his conversion story as one of her picks of the week on the blogs.

His Conversion story can be located here at On why I am a Catholic.... He says in a portion of his story:
I became a Catholic because I could not see how Protestantism in any of its forms could contain or explain the breadth of the Church as I came to understand it: sacraments, doctrines, history, mystery, saints, sacramental authority, moral authority, unity, diversity, gifts of the Holy Spirit, ordination, holy orders, Church councils, sin and penance, etc. I didn't embrace the Church because of the Marian doctrines; I embraced the Marian doctrines because I love the Church. (I do know some Catholics who found their faith through dramatic intervention by the Blessed Virgin.).

Again like many Conversion stories of late they mirror mine and the influences I felt. It is a good read. I suppose one of these days I need to write mine.

His blog is a good one and he manages to incorporate sports, politics, and his faith quite well into his blog. A balance I am still trying to find here. The description of his blog is "Inspired by Edmund Burke and Russell Kirk, a lawyer and former history teacher reflects on world events, war, peace, history, literature, politics, art, beauty, religion, culture, and law from a Catholic perspective."

Anyway a good blog to check in on. I really enjoyed his post here called Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement. I disagree with some political goals of the Catholic worker movement but like him I respect them and Saint Dorothy day for the reasons he gives.

No comments: