Sunday, September 30, 2007

THe LA Times Has an interesting(but strange) Article On Joe McKnight Of USC

Joe McKnight as College Football fans know was the number 1 High School prospect for college football last year. He was a product of the acclaimed John Curtis school in the New Orleans area. LSU and USC both wanted him very badly. Much to my dismay USC won. However I like Joe McKnight and wished him the best of luck. He will succeed at USC given time. He is pretty good.

However the LA Times ran a very bizarre article this morning called Can McKnight take the game by storm? I think it puts Joe Mcknight in a very good light. However get this part:

Three games in and he has touched the ball only 17 times, almost all of them in mop-up duty. He has shown flashes of brilliance, moments when he has cut across the field like a blade through butter. But he also has fumbled, crumbled and looked confused."Joe," I told him, after practice this week, "maybe you shouldn't have come to Southern Cal. Convince me I'm wrong."

Now I am wondering what Coach Carroll of USC reaction to this will be. I would think that if Louisiana based sports journalist Glen Guilbeau went up to a LSU player that was a Freshman and said "Maybe you shouldn't have come to LSU" and on top of that printed it in the paper, Les Miles would go through the roof. I think a lot of Coaches would have.

Now one can maybe argue that the writer of this piece wants Joe to succeed. Who knows really what his motivation is. Still very improper I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The man that stabbed bodily well to gifts for the
kitchen, cookbooks or other culinary items. You Hold
to remember, she should be theme to talent your acquaintance some of the
paw made gifts.

Feel free to visit my web-site :: owl necklace
my page :: owl gifts