Monday, September 17, 2007

There is An Ordained Priesthood- A Look at the Church Fathers

I mentioned earlier that Hyperekperissou has a great selection of links as to bloggers that were talking about the early Church fathers. I am going to highlight a few over the next couple of days.

Here is a great one that was mentioned. It is from Anglican blogger Metacatholic -Reading scripture in a post-thingy world. Metacatholic has a great post called Priesthood, scripture and the early fathers.

There is some action in the comment section about the whole "hieros" debate. I might do a post on that later because I do think we have clear implications of its use by Paul that weakens the argument of those that contend there is no "priesthood" in the NT

1 comment:

Doug said...

Thanks for the kind comment about my blog. You might also be interested in a follow-up post I did to the one you mention on priesthood and sacrifice