Friday, September 14, 2007

On The Eight Day God Created Insanity(Ole Miss Fans) Ole Miss Review of Fashion Faux Pas At Last Weeks Tailgate



Good grief. The rest of the country does not know how it is to live in such closeness to Ole Myth Fans. Going to the "grove" and tailgating is quite the fashion experience. They have fine silver and chandeliers hanging from the trees. Ole Miss likes to pretend they are like Oxford England instead of Oxford Mississippi :) Trust me on this, Coach O is not having his players gather in the shade of the Ole Miss Campus while everyone takes turns reciting William Faulkner.

I saw this "Only at Ole Miss" article today. Hautey Toddy: This Week in Fashion
The DM's Meghan Blalock recaps the good, the bad and the ugly of Grove fashion
. She informs in part:
Remember what I said about stilettos? I wasn't kidding. I saw numerous girls walking around in their four-inch heels like their feet were killing them. But at least they were making an effort, because I saw even more girls walking around barefoot carrying their pumps in their hands. WTF? Barefoot? In the stadium? Really?
It defeats the purpose of wearing cute shoes if you're not going to ... wear them. I have walked the streets of New York City barefoot (another story for another day), and even I would hesitate to prance around in that stadium barefoot. Ew.
Three words: red khaki pants. No. Just no.
Oh. My. God. Those khaki pants with little embroidered Colonel Rebs all over them? Nu-uh. If I were God, I would spontaneously combust every. Last. Pair. In. Existence. I would much rather you wear those plaid shorts I hate than these heinous monstrosities. I iz afraid.
Another thing I discussed in a previous column that I saw quite a lot of this past Saturday: It's so important to wear clothes that fit. I saw one skirt/top combination that fit so poorly I literally think the poor girl would have looked better naked. She wasn't even that overweight - she just needed a lot of help figuring out how to find clothes that aren't too tight.
All you have to do is look in the mirror, and be honest with yourself. If it doesn't look good, that's OK, just go find something else to put on. That's what the rest of us do; surely it's not beyond your capabilities as well.
Things were pretty non-offensive in the Grove, aside from all the stuff I just mentioned, and I was pleasantly surprised. Then I went to the game.
Sitting (rather, standing) in the student section, you see a bunch of things you'd rather not see, fashion and otherwise. I saw four girls in a row wearing white dresses. Um, it's Sept. 8, which is precisely five days after Labor Day. White = no
.

Read it all. I know Ole Miss fans reading this . We only hate you because yall are beautiful :).

I have a feeling when we Louisiana folks from Louisiana Tech and LSU go up there to play in the coming weeks we shall not get a passing grade. WATCH OUT OLE MISS FANS THE REDNECKS AND COONASSES are on the way to rain on the fashionday parade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with looking decent for football games?

David said...

I'm going to go on record as an Ole Miss student saying that I CANNOT STAND Megan Blalock's articles in the DM.
guh
I shiver thinking about it's impertinence.