Friday, August 24, 2007

Married Couple Going To Confesson Together- Bad Idea and Maybe "illict"

Now I am not talking about married couples standing in line together at the confessional but both going in TOGETHER.

I saw this mentioned in a couple of Catholic papers a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a bad idea for many reasons. In fact it appeared on page 6 of the Diocese of Baton Rouge Newspaper The Church Commentator (The August 1 edition) that can be downloaded here.

On The Side of the Angels { Radical Orthodox Catholicism in The New Millennium } is a blogger out of the UK. In his post not only does he have similar reservations that I do ,but has a link to a Canon Law expert that thinks this is not only all wet but presents whole host of problems also. Like maybe validity problems

Go to his post Oh good grief ! What Next !??? for the details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never heard of anything so ridiculous! That is until i read the next 2 posts..heaven help us...great blog!

James H said...

Thanks I agree.

I also enjoy your blog and intend on adding it. I have been surfing a lot of the UK blogs and always enjoy reading yours