Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It is the Memorial of St Augustine- Lets Celebrate with a Post

I love St Augustine. I think he has gotten a bad rap because people have often misinterpreted his writings. To this day even though the Eastern Orthodox honor him as a Saint, some Orthodox have misconceptions about him. I mean big ones and incorrect ones I find. The City of God is one of my most favorite books ever.

Father Z over at the What Does The Prayer Really Say? has a couple of great post to check out. First read Augustine’s bones . Father Z also has some St Augustine relics which can be viewed at his post Sabine relics of St. Augustine and St. Monica .

The Way of the Fathers Blog that is Church Fathers all the time has a monster of a post with lots of links. Check out the great post You Go, Gus .

Michael Joeseph has got a great post over at Vox Nova called On Reading Augustine . Check that one out

No comments: