Monday, July 23, 2007

Tammy Faye Has Passed

I am really sad about this. One can disagree about the theology of Tammy Faye Baker, her controversial views, etc. But people should take a look at the interview she made during the earlier part of the week on Larry King. Her appearance was shocking at first, but then it was overcome by just the picture of beautiful faith and love. I hope I have that confidence when I die. Christian bloggers talk about many things. One subject that is often not talked about is DEATH. Especially our Death and how thinking about it makes us feel. May the Lord grant me the Peace it appears she had.

Tammy Faye and Jim Baker were all tied up with Jimmy Swaggert and Marvin Gorman scandals in Louisiana. It was quite a time. However for those that criticized, I am in that group, then we should be saying a mass and offering prayers for her soul. Practice what we preach.

One of my favorite Catholic bloggers is a man trying his best to live according to the laws of the Church in Washington DC. We all have our crosses and he has his.

Courageman has a post on her passing that is worth the read. Go here to see.

No comments: