Friday, July 20, 2007

Let us hear it for the Novus Ordo Mass

The poor Novus Ordo Mass. The Norvus Ordo Mass is of course the liturgy of Mass that Catholics in the latin Rite pray. All this MP/Old Latin Mass talk and one would think we are viewing it with disdain. I am excited about the the other Form of the Liturgy as we see in the old rite being celebrated. In fact, I intend to help that along and to have on occasion have it part of my Christian life and prayer.

However The "Novus Ordo" will continue to be be for most Catholics as well as myself our primary liturgy. I am glad for that. The Msss is a gift from God, including this form or the latin rite liturgy. My main happiness with more use of the "Old Mass" is that it will affect in a postive way I think the Norvus Ordo. In fact that is part of the Pope's point in doing this.

Anyway, Historical Christian has a great great post on the Novus Ordo and her time being music director at her Parish.

No comments: