Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An Emergent Church Blog

I am still playing around with some of the categories on my blog links. I am going to start another sub Christian group called Emerging Church. Emerging Church folks mostly are Protestant but a very interesting different group of Protestants. I think this is still a largely hidden movement that is getting bigger. I will go later into what this movement is all about. It is protestant but different. It has at times a very catholic viewpoint with a a little "c" and at times with a big "C" .It is a group of people that are searching using the whole Christian Tradition. There are some things they are doing and how they are living life in "community" we can all learn from.

This young man's blog I discovered tonight and was really struck by. I enjoy his youthfulness, his intelligence , his questioning, and his sense of humor a lot. This post ,which is his version of the the "controversal" Vatican Document of last week, is funny yet really gets a nice point across.

Eating God. Sometimes it is good to be blunt and not try to dress it up.

I shall post later more in detail what I think the emerging church movement represents. Something special is going on here that needs to be recognized. They are not all alike. However the reading list on his blog, the quotes he uses, and the subjects he posts about show a theme I see often.

I will add a group of Emerging Church bloggers I read and introduce them.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

He's special, I tell you what.

Thanks for your comments on my latest, James. I have responded o'er yonder.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I rarely check my technorati these days so I was suprised t actually find a link!

Haha!

Peace.