Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Louisiana Church Shows How To Make A Modern Altar Suitable For the Traditional "Latin Mass"

The Lake Charles Latin Mass Society has a couple of interesting posts up. One post regards a true Altar-ation. That is making a modern altar suitable for the celebration of a traditional Latin Mass . These before and after pictures are at Our Lady Queen of Heaven in Lake Charles. Click on the pics to see the full size picture.

My first thought is hopefully such a ALtar-ration could just stay put for both forms of the rite. I suspect most would just be fine with that. Again who knows where this might lead. IN the end my hope is that the Traditional Roman Mass will enhance the Mass that most Catholics go too. That is as to the liturgy and the understanding, pray attitude, and theology of the people in the pews.

Update-
Be sure to check out this link to the New Liturgical Movement that has picked up these pictures and made some comments.

1 comment:

antonia said...

heya! Nice to meet you!
Thanks for your comments on my blog!

:-)

I will add your blog to my blogroll too!

God Bless!

-x-