Friday, April 20, 2012

If You Look Hispanic But Not Still Go Take That Free " Hispanic " Money - Slate Columnist Advice

Ann Althouse takes a look at some perhaps questionable advice .

I have to admit I am tad conflicted here , but still come down on the ummm not sure this is ethical side. I am adopted , and I very much like embracing the heritage of my family though genetic wise I am not linked to it. However at the end of the day I have no clue if I am half English and Half German. I might be half French ,and half Italian ,or fully Polish for all I know.

Also at the end the Scholarship she is taking in the end is not going to someone who is some degree of Hispanic or Latino . As pointed out in the comments in the Steve Martin movie The Jerk in real life could someone like that say I am black because I have that ?

No comments: