Tuesday, January 15, 2008

UK Govt Want To Organ Grave Rob Without Consent

AK at the Strata Sphere had another post I wanted to link to this morning. That is Organs Grown From Adult Stem Cells vs. Stolen From Graves. Yes it is wild and sadly true.

Appears that forces in the UK want to take dead people's organs without family consent. This Anglican in the UK does not approve either we see.

I need to think the moral questions out on this. However it appears to me to be a very bad idea. I encourage Organ donation and I can see why people think this might be a be a good idea. However there seems something all together wrong about this.

1 comment:

ALR said...

I agree, it doesn't feel right. And one of the reasons I can point to right off the bat is the fact that when such organs are robbed without consent, they are not respecting the human bodies of the deceased and treating them in a dignified manner. This is important because I believe I read that the Church's stance on organ donation or donating one's body to science is okay, as long as the institute or whatever guarantees the body or remains will be respectfully entombed or buried, in accordance with human dignity, since there will be a resurrection of the body.

Hope I wasn't confusing. There are probably other problems and implications I haven't thought out yet, but that's the one that stuck out right away, as I just read about this somewhere. I believe it was EWTN's site, but I can't vouch for my memory's accuracy lately.