Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Edwin Edwards to Be Released By Bush?

Well that is the story that appears to be coming out of WWL in New Orleans. Actually from what I read on a Forum is that WWL is saying that BUSH I sent a letter to President Bush to consider it. Which seems like they are setting the groundwork. Here we go:


Bush 41 wants Bush 43 to let Edwin Edwards go free
Dave Cohen Reporting
A former President of the United States has joined the effort to free ex-Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards from prison. That words comes from former Louisiana Governor Dave Treen, who has been leading the fight to commute Edwards' sentence.He says George H. W. Bush wrote a letter to the his son's administration. "Former President Bush called me and told me he was going to write such a letter," says Treen.He says that the administration of the current President George W. Bush is considering the request. "I have been informed by council to the president that, that letter has been received." 80-year-old Edwards has been in prison more than five years as he serves a ten year sentence for federal corruption convictions.Treen wants him to go free, but has not asked for a pardon. "He'll still be a felon... so he could not run for public office," says Treen
.



I for one would be happy if he did it. I was always anti Edwards even when being anti Edwards was not cool. I was a small little boy supporting Dave Treen against my Edwin Edwards supporting parents. Once I could drive I backed Buddy Roemer and the Senator Randy Ewing to take him down.

The one time I voted for Edwards was when Duke was running. Yeah I had that bumpersticker "vote for the crook it's important" on my car.

However I do not want to see the man die in jail. He do believe he has suffered enough. His son will be in jail for some time. His Second wife decided to re marry with Edwin's consent. I have met Edwin Edwards on numerous occasions and I recognize despite his faults he did some good. There comes a time for reconcilliation and to the voters of this state that supported Edwards(and still do) I welcome it

I will say as a Republican I hope Bush Pardons former Sec of State Jim Brown. Also someone I opposed. However his federal conviction was based on such lack of evidence that a pardon for him has largely become a bi partsian affair and effort.

If you are a cynic you might think that Bush is doing this to give cover to pardon Scotter Libby. TO me the Scooter Libby cases and Jim Brown's cases are pretty much alike in many ways. It needs to be done

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who thinks Randy Ewing a saint? Better look again, H.
Governor Edwards was not guilty, go
read all the paperwork and look at the whole picture, then look at the Polozola factor.

Anonymous said...

Edward's is a modern day Robin Hood although he kept more than he shared, he loves Louisiana and worked to make a better place for all of us!
Some child molesters, rapist and drug dealers serve LESS time in prison! Bush should listen to his father and free Edward's today!

Anonymous said...

Free Edwin W. Edwards! The other person it right, there are more child rapist, drug trafficers,real robbers, I know one who only spent 6 months for armed robbery in Texas,and murderers,also. This was a political horrible for him and our great state of Louisiana. God Bless us all.