Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update for January 9th

Well I think it is appropriate to start out with a great welcome to our new Louisiana Catholic blogger. That is Dismas Drago. He has a ton of posts today. So lets get started with him

Dismas has a post and link that all Americans Catholics that will be voting in the GOP primaries need to read. That is McCain on Embryonic Stem Cell Research . It appears there are problems. I also note he took notice of a post I did yesterday. So go his link Pope's New Social Encyclical Due by March 19 which shall bring you back here :) He also mentions a post of a Louisiana Catholic blogger that I talked about yesterday but should be looked at again. I mean who can get enough LSU. Go see What the National Championship Means to an LSU Senior . He also notes the news article that is circulating that is getting talk in the Catholic Blogsphere. Go see Huckabee Seeks Catholic Support .

I thought this was great and deals with how we are called to be Saints. Go seeIs There Room for God in Our World Today? Go back to political matters he has a great link about Catholic and the elections. Go see The Candidates and the Common Good which is a link to a very article in Catholic Online. He comments on the New Hampshire election of last night at McCain, Clinton Are Comeback Kids in New Hampshire; Huckabee Comes in 3rd in GOP Primary . The always fun Maureen Dowd has a column in the NYT that is got the poltical blogsphere talking. Go see the link at his post Can Hillary Cry Her Way Back to the White House? .

If you are a beer drinker you want to read his post and link Extreme Experimentation . Also love video games ? Then go see Missing Duck Hunt . Baseball fans might want to read this Goose Gossage Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame; Jim Rice , Andre Dawson, and Bert Blyleven Snubbed Again . Very close to home he has this disturbing report Satanists Behind Alabama Church Arsons and Vandalism .

Wow lot os posts from the new kid on the block which I am glad to see.

We now stay in Baton Rouge and go to For The Greater Glory . Hmm not so good news for Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu at his post Happy New Year Senator Landrieu!! The Shreveport Times I expect, in which I is my daily paper, will report on this I expect sometime next year.

Full Circle has some great significant family moments he is sharing with us. Go see My 11mo son Peter just took 4 steps .

Alive and Young who is always insightful and very funny has a post up called The Frogfather . I had to switch computers and I see a big blank space where I am thinking a you tube is. For some reason this computer I am on at work keeps blocking it as well as all You Tube vids:(. However I expect it is funny.

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has a post on the Jesuits with such sad facts and figures However as I posted earlier how could they not see this coming. The question is will they embrace the solution? GO see his post The Jesuit Tailspin.

I wanted to mention this post again from Dei Gratia. Because to be honest this is pretty exciting. Perhaps I will call in to Dei Gratia new call in show tomorrow night on Ave Maria Radio!!!! Go see Listen to me Live! for details

From The Recamier has her post up at Daily Update: January 8, 2008. Don't let her fool you by the way. I am sure she has more than just "6 loyal readers" :) She has no Saints for us today but she has as usual a ton of other stuff. She has some nice info in the History of the State of the Union Plus she mentions a person that is a important part of Catholic History. As always she has information we should all know and can use throughout the day to impress friends and co workers.

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks which is a blog that is about "a Catholic, Cajun family: our lifestyle, our faith, our culture, our learning experiences, and our interests" has a very good post here at Review History with Picture Books (January). I think how she has that set up reminds us how fun and important teaching out kids history can be.

We come to the Brown Pelican Society. Let me least the individual post and links he gives to us today

First he is asking for some support. They do some important work besides just blogging. Go see his entry Please Support the Brown Pelican!
Here are rest of posts and links for today:
THE DEVALUATION OF HUMAN LIFE - Man Throws 4 Kids Off Bridge (Ages 4 Mos., 1, 2, 3 Years Old)-
THE GIPPER
Hillary Clinton and Her Political Illusion's
"IF" (By the way this is a quote from the Samuel Adams not the poem we all had to lean in Jr High)
Temperance!( apretty good article by Catholic Apologist Mark Shea)
"Get Hold of Yourself. It Is I. Do Not Be Afraid."
Barack Obama is the Most Pro-Abortion Candidate Ever
Sainthood Is Not Only for the Chosen Few
Bush in Israel to Push Compromise With Palestinians
Archbishop to UN: Without Human Rights, There Is No Peace
DID YOU KNOW......(this is very worth clicking on)
Life and Family: Chastity for Single Women--The Thrill of the Chaste
Kansas Grand Jury in George Tiller Illegal Abortion Case Convenes Today
44 Percent Find Marriage 'Unnecessary'
ADF: U.S. Coast Guard Officers Should Not be Forced to Violate Conscience in Order to Serve Country( I very much would like Catholics or anyone to comment on this in my comment section. I had no clue that a vaccine in this country was produced this way. Am I missing something. This is the first I have heard of this? )
Focus on the Family TV Ads Spread Pro-Life Message
Marriage Amendments Getting Ready to Go on Ballot in Four States
Duping the Public on "Ethical" Embryonic-Like Stem Cells
Fifteen States Turn Up Noses at Money For Abstinence Education
TODAY'S GOSPEL & MEDITATION - Peace Flows from Faith in Jesus Christ
TODAY'S SAINT - St. Adrian of Canterbury (d. 710)

That is the Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update for today

No comments: