Sunday, January 6, 2008

Founder of Catholics Against Rudy Backing Huckabee

I thought this was interesting. Steve Dillard who is behind Catholics Against Rudy is backing Huckabee as his individual choice in a big way. If you go to his blog there are other people backing other hopefuls

Vox Nova has the links and the TV interview which is good at Steve Dillard on Huckabee

Steve Dillard also ran the Southern Appeal blog that was so so good. It was the best Catholic/political/ legal minded blog on the net.

Of interest I should note that he like me is a former Southern Baptist that became a rabid convert blogging Papist. So it appears in the Southern Baptist to Catholic blogger category Huckabee is winning us over 2 to 0. Well we know our people and know good stock when we see it :)

I might try to do an informal poll to see if a Catholic blogger is a convert who they are backing if they are expressing that. It would be interesting to see based on past Christian Community affiliation or non affiliation.. Do Methodist to Catholic Bloggers like McCain and do former Presbyterians to Catholics like Thompson. HMMM . We shall see. Hopefully they are all breaking to Huck:)

1 comment:

Pro Ecclesia said...

This former-Southern-Baptist-now-a-Catholic-convert hasn't jumped on anyone's bandwagon yet (apart from supporting Brownback early on before he dropped out).

There are aspects of Huckabee's candidacy that I like, though I think he's woefully inadequate on foreign policy (apologizing for the Bhutto assassination?).

And I still have some residual animosity left over from the anti-Catholic whisper campaign aimed at Brownback in Iowa last year. Huckabee's appearance at Hagee's church only exacerbated my feelings in that regard.

I could eventually support Huckabee if he is the GOP nominee, but I am, at this point, withholding my support from any of the candidates.