Tuesday, October 9, 2007

How do You Enjoy the Fall if well You Don't Have Fall?

I mentioned earlier today that Louisiana Catholic Blogger Footprints on the Fridge has a beautiful new fall theme header. In Various parts of the deep South and especially Louisiana it seems we miss out on the great things of fall. It seems we really don't have a lot of long seasons here besides HOT and HUMID.

I do think I have missed out on the whole fall foliage thing though. I see pictures of other parts of the country and it is just breathtaking. Now the leaves change a little down here but it seems they get a hint of brown and then just proceed to fall off. That might have to do with the fact it is still a balmy 85 degrees at night. Also in the part of Louisiana where I live it is Pine Trees as far as the eye can see. We don't get alot of tourist wanting to look at the brown and decaying pine needles. It really sort of sucks. True the rest of the Country has to rake up beautiful leaves. Here we just have the same volume of "debris" that has to be raked but not much of the "ooh awe" benefit that comes before as other folks.

Anywho!!! Catholic blogger David Armstrong, who I am about to highlight again in a bit , has a great post called Fun Fall Colors Site / Two of Our Photographs He has a link to a really cool site called The Foliage Network. Basically it is up to date Foliage reports from across the nation. Pretty cool. Well I guess I can enjoy the Fall colors via the net.

No comments: