Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sickening- Two of the JENA SIX appear at the BET Awards


This makes me ill. The story is here. I don't care what if people think there was an injustice as to the how this case proceeded in Jena Louisiana. This is wrong on so many levels. Lost in this debate is a important fact. A high school kid that was minding his own business got beaten unconscious by these guys. Does anyone care about him? I am really interested if people think these two kid being lauded like heros is going to help them in the long run?

To those that disagree and talk about "Justice" what about Justice for Mr Baker that was beaten. How many of you have been beaten UNCONSCIOUS!!!!. I suspect it quite more an ordeal than when we see it acted out on television. If you think there was a injustice in the charge fine. But to parade these kids around like they are heros is insane. If would love to hear from people that think this is a great idea. Leave a comment. However do this. Pretend I am Justin Baker for a second. Forget the "cause" forget the overarching political and social issues. I am just Mr Justin Baker that no one seems to care about. Convince me this is the moral!!!

Update-
One final thought. I would love to think what these kid's lawyers think about this. I can not imagine if they are local counsel they would think this was a good idea at all!!!

No comments: