Monday, September 29, 2008

Thank You Slate - Palin Rape Kit Myth Debunked

Kudos to Slate online Magazine for debunking again that Palin was making rape victims pay for their own rape kits at hospitals. This myth is not only frustrating it is evil. Though as the Slate article points out the NEW YORK TIMES seems not to care looking at their Op-Ed page today.

I wish to point at what what Mr Gerraghty at NRO said on this matter this morning.

Recognizing Intellectual Honesty
God bless
Rachael Larimore of Slate, who looks at the rape-kit charge against Sarah Palin and finds the evidence lacking. (She refers to my article on the topic from last week.) I'm not exaggerating; this has been a maddening cycle for watching misinformation spread, and at times it feels that no one wants to shoot down a blatant lie if it is helpful to "their side."

I wonder if it would be worthwhile if, say, once a month, everyone in the ideologically-aligned press had to spend a day weeding out disinformation about the candidate they oppose. I've done it from time to time. (I admit, I was particularly persnickety after Time magazine attributed my discovery of the "whitey tape" rumor resembling a plotline of a novel to "Obama sleuths.")
If righty publications ran "no, Obama's not a Muslim" and "no, there's no evidence of the whitey tape" stories, and the MSM ran "No, McCain didn't say he wanted to fight a war for 10,000 years" and "no, Sarah Palin's town never charged a victim for a rape kit" stories, the world would be a far better place.
09/29 10:12 AM

No comments: