Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THe Fight For Acadiana- (Landrieu / Kennedy Louisiana Race)

I thought this was a good article on the Senate Race we are having as well as the peculiar political dynamic in the Acadiana region. GO see Battle for Acadiana

I am voting for Kennedy but I disagree with this a tad that is in the opening paragraph

With John Kennedy’s strong encampment in the north and Mary Landrieu’s impenetrable fortifications in the southeast, Louisiana’s Cajun heartland could be the battlefield that decides this year’s U.S. Senate race.

If Kennedy has a strong encampment in the north where I live I am not seeing it. There is very little buzz. Plus for some reason people do not take into account Mary Landrieu's strong base up here. I hope I am wrong but if Kennedy does not do something soon Mary will do quite well in the north. Mary does not have to win all the Northern and Central Parishes but she just has to cut into the votes

So far I am detecting none of the excitement for Kennedy that I felt people had for Terrell (who was the Republcian Challanger) 6 years ago. In that race Landrieu did well in many places in the North.

No comments: