Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Obama with Poddle at Lincoln Memorial!!! Humane Society Endorsement

UPDATE- Please note the person that commented that informs us that this is not the American Humane Society that is making the endorsement but another Political group


First is it me but does Obama seem to be realizing even as the picture is being taken that this might be a good idea? He does not look enthused!!!

First what does a Dog and the Lincoln Memorial have in Common?

Second, I think perhaps he should have chosen another breed. Bloggers are going to have at on of fun with this.

The Weekly Standard Blog has the story on this and the Palin ( I HATE ANIMALS) pic that they have in their endorsement. The Humane Society is a pretty radical organization at times. I hate to say that because they often do good work but a good portion of their active grassroots membership is batty. When I was working in the DA's office and had some animal case the letters I would get from these folks were off the wall. I had some case where a woman was accused of neglect of a horse and they wanted to throw the woman in the gas chamber. There were actually circumstances that I found to show there were a ton of mitigating factors.
You would have thought I was on trial from the response I got to that.

I kept these letters and others like them in a file called " NEVER PUT THESE PEOPLE ON A JURY".

Anyway the endorsement again does not the tell the facts on Palin and is a smear against her

Tip of the Hat To Southern Appeal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support the Humane Society which is why I wanted to point out that the this press release was NOT issued by the American Humane Society, but rather the Humane Society Legislative Fund -- a lobby group out of Washington.

The Humane Society Legislative Fund organization is NOT politically neutral. They openly state their ENEMIES include the American Farm Bureau, the National Pork Producers Council, Safari Club International, and Ringling Bros. These are radicals, in manner of PETA.

Here's the link to their site: http://www.fund.org/index.html

And here's the REAL Human Society page: http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer

James H said...

Thanks for making that clear . I was not aware of that distinction and will update