Sunday, April 13, 2008

Regarding those "Mormons" in Texas

You know the ones that have the huge compound in Texas that are all over the news because of the raid. I think the news media and others should be careful calling them "Mormons". I think they have been excommunicated from the Mormon Church and thus are not really "Mormons"

I suppose their classification as "Mormons" is as irratating to the Latter Day Saints as it is to Catholics to see various wacko schismatic Catholics called Catholics. For instance I think that controversy over the Catholic School and the female refereee had to do with a group of schismatic "Catholics" that are not in union with Rome. However in many reports that was not made very clear. Needless to say folks like Pope Michael are not "Catholic"

Just a thought but every time I see a story on this I think that perhaps the labels should be made a tad clearer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should also be careful in calling them Texans.

James H said...

LOL