Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Godfather III and Confession


CARDINAL LAMBERTO

The mind suffers and the body, cries out.

MICHAEL

That's true.

CARDINAL LAMBERTO

Would you like, to make your confession?

MICHAEL (laughs)

Your Eminence, I’m uh – I’m uh -- it's been so long, I wouldn't – wouldn’t – wouldn’t know where to uh, it's been thirty years, I'd – I’d – I’d use up too much of your time, I think.

CARDINAL LAMBERTO

I always have time to save souls.

MICHAEL

Well, I'm -- I'm beyond redemption.



CARDINAL LAMBERTO (to the priest looking after Don Tommasino, in Italian)

"Give us a couple of minutes alone please – thanks…"



CARDINAL LAMBERTO

I hear the confessions of my young priests here. Sometimes the desire to confess is overwhelming. And we must seize the moment.

MICHAEL

What is the point of confessing, if I don't repent?

CARDINAL LAMBERTO

I hear you are a practical man. What have you got to lose? Huh?

(then, after a long pause)

Go on.
I think that is very true. Also it is sort of grace that overwhelming edge to confess that indeed must be seized. Anyway it is one of my Favorite Lines from the Godfather III and I sort of experienced that today. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis, this web site is really nice and the visitors are truly sharing fastidious thoughts.

Feel free to surf to my website: postalannex