Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Word Of Caution To "Traditional" Catholics Regarding the Liturgy

I think it is very natural that the Pope's MP on the "Latin Mass" will cause tension in certain quarters. Even among those that one could deem "Allies" in the cause.

I think Darwin Catholic has written a very sensible post here at "Motu Proprio" is not Translated: "Abandon Ship" . I think what he is hitting on is very valid and is something I have observed at various sites.

I think it is helpful to remember Father Z's now famous 5 rules of engagement on what to do after the Pope's MP on the "Latin Mass" was promulgated.

I really urge those that have a huge devotion to the extraordinary form of the Mass to remember the majority of Catholics that will not be having that form as their main liturgy. I really ask those that have talents in Music and are active in their Parishes to work on having the Extraordinary Form influence the Ordinary form.

I guess this one reason why I am never been a big fan of "Latin Mass" Parishes that have that as the only thing that is going on. I really don't want it be segregated.

Anyway I thought that was a good discussion that is taking place in the comment section as well as the other blogs that he has listed that have chimed in.

ALso check out a good short post on this very subject at The Bob Catholic Show at his post The why of the Motu

No comments: