Monday, December 17, 2012

Church Volunteer & Former Knight of Columbus Sues Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth Over Sex Abuse Like Allegations

I think you can expect to see more and more of these lawsuits in the future especially from the Laity.Its actually my feeling that many Dioceses sort of maintain a sort of different reporting standard as to Laity and Clerics in this regard as to avoid perhaps lawsuits of this kind. I have no hard data on that but again just a feeling based on the number of LAY allegations we are seeing in the annual sex abuse audits.

As to how we balance all these interests and maintain child saftey while not lightly calling people's reputations out I am not sure. No easy answers from where I am standing

Religion Clause has Volunteer Barred From Working With Diocese Youth Sues For Defamation .


No comments: