Monday, May 19, 2008

We are Blessed to Have Bishop Duca in the Diocese of Shreveport

All of Louisiana will be in end I blessed I predict very Blessed

I just got back from the the big event a few thoughts before I go to bed. A fuller update in the morning

(1) I you have a chance to see a Priest become a Bishop just go. Take off work if you have to too. It was quite a liturgy to see.

(2) Be sure you eat before you go. The liturgy almost lasted three hours.

(3) There were 22 Bishops and a ton of priests and cool other orders. . All in our little backwater here

(4) It seemed all the of Dallas Catholics were in Shreveport. That is such a great sign for us. He is loved and I think he will be a wonderful Sheperd for us. I mean really loved. To be a good Bishop you must be a good CEO and a true Sheperd. I can not tell how blessedwe are we that the little ole Diocese of Shreveport seemed to have got both. Again this should be noted. I mean these people from Dallas LOVEDDDDDD him. I got a hint of the Man that God called to us to us here and I am excited

(5) The Music was awesome!!!! Really. God bless those people that have that gift.

(6) Archbishop Hughes of New Orleans is much older in person than I imagined

(7) The Papal Nucico to the United States is way cool.

(8) Bishop Duca's Parents are just precious. More important if more parents were like them there would be no Priest Shortage. I swear looking at their faces it looked liked they grandchldren today. In many way they did bit theose grandkids are about 40,000 people

(9) It is amazing that in 2008 we see this but the Bishop of Dallas still has a legit thick Irish Accent

(10) Those cool young Dominicans in their capes were the talk of the day.

(11) The Italians were really just about to bust today (This Diocese is a real Italian Diocese)

More later but what a blessed day for the whole State of Louisiana.

PS The food was great !!!!!

Updated here at Links and Stories on the New Bishop Duca of the Diocese of Shreveport

No comments: