Friday, May 16, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blog Update for May 16th 2008


Louisiana Little Cajun Saint- Charlene Richard gravesite in Richard La.

I missed yesterday's "Daily update" so we shall be picking up stuff that Louisiana bloggers have said from Wednesday evening, Thursday , untill Friday mid afternoon

Vox Feminae has Great Chant Rehearsal Last Night . She talsk about the rain and flooding problems we have had up here at Rainy days . By the way if you near Shreveport this Sunday Evening get to the Cathedral!!!! She has more at Vespers May 18th, St. John Berchmans > This is all part of the exciting New Bishop stuff that climaxes with his Installation on Monday. I am going.

Alive and Young has satire here at I Did It My Way . A cool story on older Catholics and Fencing!!!! at Foiled!

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has Bon Voyage, Luke and Cinderella Add-On. A nice post and link here at There is No Such Thing as Plan B". Also see In Living Color

Thoughts & Ruminations of Father Ryan has a lot of stuff up. He gives us a site for Catholic Sacred Music on You Tube . He tells us what Pope Paul the VI was talking about with his Smoke of Satan Comments way back then. For those that are not aware we can expect some changes in the English text of the Mass soon. Go here to see one of the effects. Did you know we had Chant Jocks!!!! .

I really loved this post of Father Ryan's A little reflection on Mercy-Justice

Catholic Tube has Papal Prayer Service. He has a vid here 50 Different Reasons for young people to pray the Rosary. Also see Gifts of the Spirit Part 2

Full Circle has a post up called Houston church deceiving Catholics and the necessity of rebaptism This is a very odd and tragic story This is pretty horrible in fact!!!! He gives commentary as to the "baptism issue but please read the above link to the Houston article. Also on a much less tragic level but still sad we are informed by Full Circle that Posting will continue to be light through the first week of June

Unskilled Labor has something for all you roughnecks out there at Evil Minions Wanted . Too Funny!!!

The Brown Pelican Society has of course a ton of links about Catholic News that we should all know about today.

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group gives Prince Caspian: a solid B+ Did you know we had a Benedictine Monastery near Plaisance Louisiana? I did not. I did not even know there was a town called Plaisance!!! It appears to be in St Landry Parish right on 167. Well they are going as we see at May Pilgrimage which give details on this Monastery as well as good links on Mary Devotions. I hope they give a full report after they go. I might venture down there.

Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message has his daily thoughts here at Feast of Saint Simon Stock (16 May 2008)

From The Recamier has her daily update here Among many things in her fact filled posts she talks about a Saint I always wanted to know about. That is Saint Isidore the Farmer, Confessor (died 1130)

Finally Maude in Mandeville has Obama's hatred of his black half

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

James,

If you make it tomorrow morning, we'd be glad to have you make the walk with us.

I tried to embed a map showing our route, but WordPress doesn't allow embedding of Google Maps. I was told I could paste a screenshot, but I just said, "Forgeddaboutit".

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add: You also won't be too far from Charlene Richard's gravesite.

And, nearby in Opelousas is a monument for another Cajun (hopefully) on the way to sainthood - Fr. Verbis LaFleur.

They both have been honored with the title Servant of God. I'm positive that they'll become venerable soon.

Also, it's fairly certain that there are legitimate miracles associated with both of them.

James H said...

I would love too. Sadly it is a almost a three hour drive for me but I would love to go. I am interested in how it goes. When I am down that way I would like to stop in.

I am curious if you can come and say the Liturgy of the Hours with the monks

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to ask.