Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fifth Marian Doctrine in the News Again

Oak Leaves has the story and input at The Push For a New Marian Dogma. Also see the discussion at InsideCatholic.com at Fifth Marian Doctrine?

As always I leave this up to Holy Mother Church. I see nothing wrong with the Dogma. I really don't intend for this post to some vast Apologetic tome on the issue

I am intrigued by the Cardinal's comments that this could be helpful in Orthodox Relations? Is this true? Even if they believe it do not the Orthodox get upset when the Church proclaims things because they are not involved? Did the Proclamation of the Immaculate Conception and Assumption help Catholic /Orthodox relations? I am not sure. Maybe it did

However I do note the Cardinal's words here:
Q: Why do you think that the time is opportune for the declaration of a fifth Marian dogma?

Cardinal Vithayathil: Mary has through private revelations like those at Lourdes, Fatima, etc., made known that in the sad situations of the world today God wishes as an antidote the glorification of his mother through the recitation of the holy rosary, devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, etc.The fifth Marian dogma would certainly improve the world situation through the prayers of Mary to her divine Son. Many believe that the danger of Marxist Communism was averted by the apparitions of Mary at Lourdes, Fatima, etc., and the consequent increase in devotion to Mary.The greatest threat that the Catholic Church faces today is consumerist relativism that has greatly affected the Western Church and even the Churches in Asia. I believe that it can be overcome by honoring Our Lady with the proposed dogma.

Maybe so or maybe not. I really wonder if anyone would pay attention. Oh they would and no doubt take note but would it change people's lives on a massive scale? Count me sceptic!!

If the Holy Spirit Wills it though it shall be done, However I doubt Pope Benedict will approve this. If it did not happen under the very Marian Pope John Paul the II I think it chances are nill now. However again God might have diffeent ideas

No comments: