Friday, December 2, 2011

Occupy Movement Gets A Catholic Face

An interesting read and link at America. See Occupy: Catholicism as the Sleeping Giant (UPDATED).

I disagree with a lot of what Occupy seems to say (at times it's not clear) but Catholic political thought no doubt is big enough for some of those ideas.

I generally find I am more "Big Tent" than most self ID Catholic Social Justice folks that are often find any mention of conservative economic ideas or thought in the dialogue ANATHEMA.

I do disagree with the writer on perhaps how successful Occupy has been or it's going gangbusters as he thinks. Still a interesting development to watch. If these people have a genuine Orthodox Catholic ethos then their presence at least can be a sign. Even in a movement I might have qualms about politics wise.

No comments: