Thursday, April 10, 2008

Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update For April 10th

Catholic Tube has Covercrest Mexico Missions Trip

Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group is posting on the Pope Benedict XVI’s Itinerary

Catholic Underground has their Catholic Louisiana Podcast to the World up. They are up in D.C awaiting you know who to show up I am on a fast computer today and I am about to listen to it. Go see and listen to CU Episode 73: T-Minus. The description is "We're joined this week by Corey Campeaux, our Washington Bureau Chief and Managing Editor, who gives us a pulse on papal preparedness in DC. We discuss catholicunderground.com's coverage plans, the first ever cu meetup, and offer some picks of the week for your enjoyment. The usual cu metro and backchat follows. Also, watch out for leaping nuns. " They appear to talk about a lot more as you can see in their links as to their Episode 73 Shownotes

Alive and Young is well ALIVE. He has not posted since Sunday which is unusual. He has Things Not To Do in the Comprehensive Oral Final for Your MA in Theology But Might Be Fun if You Did

On a related note Arrival : The Parousian Weblog appears to be back from their Easter break and has a post up . Go see Pope Benedict XVI on the Power of Prayer

From The Recamier is posting of course and has her daily update here She does not have any Saints for us today but tons of fun history. In fact she starts out with some Louisiana History that happened on yesterday's date way back in 1682. We were claimed for France!!!! Oh and the Civil War(American) pretty much ended on yesterday's date in 1865. As usual a lot of cool stuff. She also talks about the Mississippi River and her observations of it yesterday. In case you have not heard some of us are getting concerned how high it is getting. She has a pic!!!(even though I am just seeing a red x on my computer). For those interested to update her post the Morganza Spillway I think shall be opened for the first time in 11 years.

Thoughts & Ruminations of Father Ryan has under his April 1oth entry"Ben Stein is EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed "

Footprints on the Fridge has Happy Birthday, Gabriel!

Vox Feminae has New Bishop Announcements! . Also see these great and interesting posts at Another great Adoremus article by Jeffrey Tucker... and Chant: for the Few? or the Many?
. Also see The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber -- Book Review

Madd Chatter: peaceful intolerance of political irrationality has Giving us a bad name which deals with news about the illegal immigration issue.
Long term readers will note that I have a bad habit of saying "I am about to comment on x or do a post on x" and then proceed sometimes not to do it for weeks.

For instance Part II of my Luther post is coming to mind right now that I told Cajun Hugenot I would have done by last Friday. I often get to wrapped up into the new thing I am reading on the net and promptly forget and lose track of time. I forgot yesterday I promised him I would comment on his post here at More than one...

So stay tuned. I need to do another post on my view on immigration again also since I suspect that will be coming up more and more as we approach the election. I generally avoided those hotly contested posts on immigration when Huckabee (I was supporting him) was running because so much of his support base was divided over the issue and I just did not want to deal with it :) Also because I when do one of those I get like angry emails and such.

The Brown Pelican Society has the following posts for today:

Benedict XVI -- The West's Best Defense
HOMILY OF THE DAY: It’s An Offer You Can’t Refuse!
5 Key Issues of Benedict the Rock
Keystone Culture of Death: Casey’s Killer Obama Embrace
Was Anybody Really Listening? What I Heard at the Petraeus-Crocker Hearings
Obama Promises to Dismantle Our Armed Forces
National Right to Life Endorses McCain
Terri Schiavo's Lifesaving Legacy
TODAY'S GOSPEL & MEDITATION - Bread for Eternity
TODAY'S SAINT - St. Magdalen of Canossa (1774-1835)

No comments: