Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Louisiana BLogger Goes to the Latin Mass in New Orleans

Full Circle had a very nice post that brings back some memories at Went to the high mass at St. Patricks - New Orleans (Latin mass)

I mentioned this post in just done Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update. If you visit New Orleans I really encourage people to pay a visit. It is not far from the quarter at all. It is on Camp St right across from the Federal Courthouse.(Where I believe the 5th Circuit is located). It is truly a beautiful Church and I have always enjoyed the atmosphere. During the immediate aftermath of Katrina there were a number of National Guard blogggers from around the country and relief people that were blogging in New Orleans. St Patricks was up for Business pretty quick and I noted several times that people talked about making a visit to St Pats

My weekends in New Orleans after even later nights in the French Quarter and Uptown always included Mass there in the morning. It is truly one of those Churches that if you are open to God that the very atmosphere, Architecture, and people will set make it a nice and beneficial spiritual experience.

That was the first stop on a Sunday New Orleans day that would include hours of used book store shopping, browsing the stores on Royal, and ending by going for some final Sunday evening fun in the quarter(often with returning Saints fans and too often their very festive opponent' fans).Good times. If you have a chance go.

2 comments:

lvschant said...

Pre-katrina days when we lived down there, I used to love the occasions when we went to Mass at St. Patrick's. The pastor there, Father Klohr (I think I have the name right) was very supportive of home-schoolers and used to offer a special Mass and brunch to those families every year...

Janet.

James H said...

I just loved St Patricks. It seemed a lot of myu New Orleans friends would always want to go to St Josephs which was nice too.

For some reason, and this is weird as a lover of history, but St Louis never thrilled me like the other Churches in New Orleans.

If I was in New Orleans I would hit most of the time St APtricks and in fact go twice and go to St Josephs at night. I also loved St Francis on I think it was State Street Uptown