Tuesday, April 1, 2008

THe Diocese of Shreveport Has A New Bishop!!!

Praise God. I am so excited. I was pretty much out of it on pain pills(that were not working verywell as to the pain but just made my discomfort have a more delirious quality) so I missed the early reports that it was coming down. However Vox Feminae , who reported rumors of this weeks ago has the story as well as a lot of links at Shreveport has a new bishop!!! Welcome Reverend Monsignor Michael Duca (now Bishop) to Louisiana!!!!

I am very excited that he comes from Seminary background. We need that!!!!Vox Feminae links to a very good Whispers in the Loggia post on our new guy. He has another post up at "Perfect Match"

The Vatican Web site has the official Notification here

The Shreveport Diocese has a Press Release and Press Conference and Mass

We shall know a little about his Coat of Arms in the near future I suppose. I shall update this entry with the local news stories when they come out

The Shreveport Times has a small blurb up at Updated: Pope names new bishop for Shreveport; installation tentatively scheduled. I expect a much more bigger story for the paper tommorow

Update I

Here are some more stories
Zenit News Agency has Bishop Named for Shreveport
Catholic Online has Msgr. Michael G. Duca named bishop of Shreveport, La.
Fox out of Dallas has Dallas Seminary Rector Named New Bishop
Team 4 News out of Texas has Pope names new bishop for Shreveport

No comments: