Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Les Miles is Staying At LSU PERIOD!!!

The LSU fans base is so insecure at times it is embarrassing to be a part of it some days. The whole Miles to Michigan rumors started up again because of some silly reporting out of the Detroit papers. A source I trust and that HAS NEVER BEEN WRONG in in his information during this saga told me that Miles is getting fed up with these rumors. This is the latest from just minutes ago

Miles Issues Statement About Conversation with Michigan-
BATON ROUGE -- LSU football coach Les Miles issued the following statement on Tuesday regarding the conversation he had with Michigan last week:
“I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that.
“I’m not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It’s time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I’ll say it again, I’m going to be the coach at LSU next season
.”

From the very influential man in the know Charlie Weems that is on the LSU Board of Supervisers.
I spoke to Coach Miles late this morning. He spoke to Michigan when they called out of courtesy and because of his love and respect for his alma mater. Nothing has changed. He is totally committed to LSU and he did not intend for anyone to construe his courtesy, after he had signed his contract, to indicate the contrary," Weems said. "He has been out of state recruiting all this week and is still out of of state. He will issue a press release through the LSU sports information department this afternoon.

It is over. Period !!!Finish!!! Miles Mania at LSU for Life. Geaux Tigers!!!

1 comment:

William Eunice said...

I think Miles is a character guy. If he leaves I will be *VERY* shocked. It makes me wonder if all of this press has more to do with recruiting than anything. After all the perception that Michigan is worth leaving LSU for might have a profound impact on kids deciding between the two.