Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Does Anyone Remember The Record "First Family"?

I am catching up on what is going on with my blogroll. The first stop for me is often The Anchoress. She really made my day by bringing back a memory. She states:
When I was a little girl, I listened to this album endlessly and still have most of it in my memory.
Gentle but funny satire of
JFK and his family. Political comedy hasn’t been this sweet in a long time. And my Li’l Bro Thom found that it’s on CD!.

I laughed so hard when I read this. My mother had this record and I too used to listen to it over and over. I am so glad it is back on CD. The comments are so right on and I agree with this 100 percent!!
I remember The First Family from my youth. You’re right. Political humor was sweeter back then. There was another album somewhat like this that poked fun at Richard Nixon called “Radio Free Nixon” by David Frye. Does anyone but me remember that one?

I think there is something to that. I love political humor. However at times it is just a tad mean nowadays. In fact it has been that way for some time. I can tell you when my mother was listening to this in her childhood my Grandparents were pro bally not Kennedy fans. Yet they recognized the humor and also the respect for the office. How times have changed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember. We had it and listened to it often.