Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Another Reason TO Enjoy Christmas Time-Lent is Early This Year

I went to morning Christmas Mass this morning and was shocked when I started looking ahead in the Missal. LENT IS VERY EARLY THIS YEAR. Ash Wednesday is like Feb 6th!!! Which means we shall have a very early Easter.

I actually enjoy a early Lent. It seems that the partying and Feasting of Christmastime , followed up by a robust Mardi Gras season of feasting in quick succession is a great thing. Then you go smack dab into Lent not much over a month after Christmas when you think about it.

I think it will be a enjoyable year.

I am going to post this post another Blogger did called 12 Days of Christmas!. The fact that Lent comes so early this year reminds me not only to liturgically celebrate the 12 days but also keep the spirit in a secular way by "feasting" in my own way

2 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

The time frame from Lent to Easter is my favorite time of the church year. Funny, but I've been thinking just the opposite from you - would much rather have the Lent and Easter season that Christmas.

The downside - we're going to be seeing a heck of a lot of green vestments this year! The upside, I can get out my spring and summer colors early!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

James H said...

I think the quickeness fo Lent is going to suprise people. Oh and Merry Christmas SJ. I am on my slow computer so everytime I try to open your blog for some reason the page freezes up.

I had to find a exceelent article you did on how conservatives turned on Reagan back in June I think. THe only way I could open it up was the goog cache version. Hopefull I will have a new home computer in the next few months