Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why Can't the Media Call Christine O’Donnell A Catholic?

Get Religion highlights a series of article I saw also regarding Christine O' Donnell in Delaware. I found the article so frustrating I did not even want to comment on them. Thankfully Get Religion has at Christine O’Donnell, Catholic?

Let me tell what I think is going on. The press is trying to do a divide in the Christian community. Oh no she can't be a urban well educated Catholic and believe all these things. She is one of those "Fundamentalists" or "Evangelicals" from Venus.

Now to be clear I am not all that not invested in Christine O' Donnell the GOP person running for Senate. I find her kind of goofy, still have reservations about here on some matters, and really don't think she stands of chance of winning. However I am very interested in Christine O' Donnell the Catholic that appears to hold beliefs that in accordance with the Catechism or are acceptable as to Catholic teaching. She does have a right to have her own faith portrayed correctly.

Further I find this apparent attempt by many to drive a wedge between the Catholic Church and certain faith communities alarming.

Good article so you decide what is going on.

No comments: