Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crisis In Civics and History In USA- Are You Smarter than Haaaaarvd Kids? Take the Test

The Anchoress has some really distressing News about the knowledge of Civics and History among our College Students. There is even a test you can take. I beat the average that is for sure :). Go check it out. Also do as she suggest. Give it to your kid. I never understood why some kids find history boring. I think the key is do what my parents did to me. That is encourage reading at a very early age. It doesn't matter if you are reading horror books. I was a big Stephen King Fan, in the end if you read alot you pick up so much.

Before I leave this subject let me quibble with one test question I missed. Like the Anchoress some of the Economic questions were my downfall. HOWEVER!!!!! Don't read whats below till you take the test


-

-

-


-

That question about the War of 1812. I thought too much about that one and changed my answer from Stalemate to US becomes a leading World Power. I can make a argument that yes that was one of the major effects. It was not like we became England overnight but I do think the result of that war was an attitude change as well as a more aggressive United States with a bigger military. Besides that good test.

No comments: