Friday, May 11, 2012

Tennessee Legislature Cleans up their Anti Bully Law ( First Amendment )

I always have to be careful because I know as to anti bully legislation I can come off as "pro bully" . My main concerns are that anti bully legislation does not create more victims , and 1st amendment issues.

On that note I am glad the always interesting Tennessee Legislature did some effort to tighten up an bill that was part of the anti bully movement. See Tennessee Legislature Listens to Public Criticism, Dramatically Limits Last Year’s Ban on Posting Images That Cause “Emotional Distress” “Without Legitimate Purpose”

I think an interesting side story that continues to develop here is the effect of legal blogs. The blog I link was one that raised the first amendment issue concerns.


No comments: