Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mitt Romney Alleged High School Bully - Seriously?

Are we seriously going here?

Well looking at social media it appears so.

"Bullying attitudes don’t die. They just translate to attitudes and authoritarianism "

Umm no.

I was on the receiving end of some bullying in High School , and most of those gals and guys grew up to be fine human beings. While I understand the need to curb bullying the fact is a lot of these is High School ( an younger ) kids being cruel idiots is not unusak. Something that is not all that unheard of at the age as kids struggle to fit in, be popular, learn social skills etc.

I look back on some of the things I said and did at this age with some distaste. I don't think I am in the minority on that.

I suspect that this will largely go away as being part of the silly season. However I do hope that people that press this point with some glee realize  life has a way of showing some irony. I suspect their childen are perhaps not the perfect angels they might hope.

2 comments:

Rick67 said...

*I* did some bullying in middle school. (Partly because I was bullied at the British school and learned to bully back. When I moved to the American school I became a bully.)

I don't think I'm a bully now. I haz other issuez.

James H said...

I think all of us had been bullys at tone time in youth :)