Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gary Willis NYT Article Marriage As Sacrament Is Medieval Invention Gets Hosed By All Sides

When I read the  Gary Willis piece at the New York Times on how  Marriage is a Sacrament is just a medieval invention , I was floored how bad it was.

It was so loaded with  errors,  twisted facts , half truths, and ignorance, I decided just  let someone that  had the time /energy to post on it, and I would link it. I also think the fact I was running out of cigarettes contributed to that attitude.

It appears that both the left ,and right of Catholic land are a tad aghast at it. See this great piece that pretty much tears it down at Garry Wills on the Sacrament of Marriage.

At the bottom of that post is a link hosing it from the Catholic "left".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Bing
for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say
many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb work.

Feel free to surf to my website; linenes