Friday, October 14, 2011

Beloved Historic Port Gibson Mississippi Catholic Church Needs Help For Restoration







What a beautiful Church that many can attest that have dropped of many a times to go into that blue light soaked interior. From the article it appears that some Catholic Louisiana deer hunters that attend Mass there sometimes are helping out too.

See Aging St. Joseph Catholic Church in Port Gibson seeking help for restoration


Port Gibson , the city too pretty to burn as said by Union General Grant .is located between Vicksburg and Natchez.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Im fairly sure my KoC Council donated to this. I vaguely remember hearing of matching funds, but thought the parish was in Natchez. Where did you find that picture? It looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going to inform her.


my homepage ... zamora

Snowbrush said...

I found your blog because I was looking for a photo of that particular church. Although I moved to Oregon since 1986, I spent most of my life in Brookhaven, and sometimes went to Port Gibson and redid all the tourist sites for the 101st time. I've seen more of America's churches than most people, I suppose, but that one is my favorite. Would you please give a little update as to its condition?