Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Local Sports TV Anchor Tim Fletcher and Tim Brando Go At Each Over Sean Payton

On Twitter!!


It all see to have started over the issue of Saint Coach Sean Payton moving the family to Dallas
Tim Fletcher( FletcherKTBS ) is sports director /Anchor at KTBS channel 3 in Shreveport. Tim Brando ( TimBrando ) also lives in Shreveport and of course is a major figure on CBS sports and has a nationwide sports program.

Brando is also a big advocate for the local sports scene so it was interesting to see that there appears to be tension between the two men.

I tried to reconstruct the conversation on twitter as best as I could. I am not sure something was going on Brando's radio show at the same time.

Fletcher - if sean payton's out in NOLA while the wife and kiddos are in the 'burbs of DFW;leave her this on her voice mail sean:http://twitter.com/FletcherKTBS/status/34994761505062912

Brando -
Criticism of Sean Payton is way out of line. 2 Rules of my life. Be the best you can be Professionally, and keep wife happy domestically.

Fletcher @TimBrando living in Bristol would be ok with CBS bosses?cozy up w/4-letter exec would be OK? London's dreary-queen doesn't live in monaco

Brando - Many guys in the "Performance"industry live somewhere other than where they work. I live in S'port by choice. My wife is happy.Life better.

Fletcher -Payton saying he will not commute during season would have nipped a lot of confusion in the bud.


Brando - @FletcherKTBS why would anyone have thought anything but that being the case? I see fans overreacting but please, media should know better.

Fletcher -
It's a story. That's why media reacts ... Positively or negatively

Brando - @FletcherKTBS yeah right sure. Charges of elitism on his part and his family. All warranted. Sure everyone should go there. Get a grip.

Fletcher- You're telling ME to get a grip?

Brando- @FletcherKTBS I think so yes. You and others that go after a guy for doing what he thinks is best for his family. Yeah, I'm saying that.

Fletcher- @TimBrando so lemme get this straight, brando. the guy who gets into screaming arguments with fans on the radio is telling me to get a grip?

Fletcher - @TimBrando And, Timmy B---you're saying i went "After a guy (S.Payton) for doing what's best for his family"... when did i "Go After" him? .

Fletcher -@TimBrando do me a favor Brando---get your facts straight about me before you begin your customary bloviating...

Brando- @FletcherKTBS nice. Lots of class exhibited on your part. I simply pointed out that fans over reacting was understandable media not so much.

Fletcher- @TimBrando again... when i need a lecture about class, i'll be sure to consult you first .

Fletcher- @TimBrando one more thing Timmy B. you did not "Simply point(ed) out that fans over reacting;" i believe the phrase: "Get A Grip" was used.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think your blog could possibly be having internet browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in IE, it has
some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick
heads up! Other than that, wonderful blog!

Visit my webpage - terrell