Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Looking Back on The Feast of Our Lady Of Guadalupe

One of the things I hated missing out on the last couple of day because of my illiness was the Feast of Our Lady Of Guadalupe. She is just not the Patroness of Mexico but of the United States too. I thought Whispers in the Loggia had a great series of post the last few days on this. I suugest you check them out.

Go see
Better to Light a Candle... and a Culture

Happy Birthday, Guadalupe

Live from Tepeyac

The People's Virgin

Those post made me feel a tad more connected to the Feast Day I could not celebrate this year.

"For we are certain that as long as you are recognized as Queen and Mother, Mexico and America will be safe"--Oct. 12, 1945, Pope Pius XII.

I hate to be "bad" but I can't help but note the US Supreme Court Decided in Favor of Bush in the Bush/Gore recount case on the day of the Feast of the Lady of Guadalupe. See Pius the XII was right :).

1 comment:

SJ Reidhead said...

I'd forgotten about the Bush/Gore thing. Very good posting, for someone so under the weather. Wait - typing is good for you. Makes you move your arms and helps the lungs!

Take Care
The Pink Flamingo