Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Are the Use of Tasers Getting Out of Control?

I hate to say it but I think they might be. When one lives in a rural area like me that becomes more troubling. Don't get me wrong there are some great rural LAW ENFORCEMENT. However, there are a lot that would not make it on to more Urban forces. Also certain abuses that happen in th country don't make the papers like they do if they occur in the cities. Anyway I was glad to see a very big Conservative is sharing some of my concerns. Maritime Sentry has a pretty strong post on this subject at Tasers- A Weapon of Choice- A Weapon of Abuse. I think some guidelines need to be established for this more evenly. Also these things are not always harmless as he points out. Do I want to eliminate them? No!! However I think his concerns are valid

1 comment:

SR said...

Thank you for posting this information. I am glad to see that others are concerned also. I have posted another article on another tasering incident.