Saturday, April 30, 2011

U.S. Catholic's Worst Article In History - Liturgy Translations

U.S. Catholic is one of those unfortunate magazines that seems to be in every public library because they need an Catholic publication. I am convinced this is why it is still around.

I often wonder how many people that were interested in the Catholic Faith came across it and decided if this was the Catholic Church they were not entering. Well I would not blame them. It not only is "progressive" and seem to want to validate all kinds of dissent but it's fluff. So it is not even very well done dissent. Of course now it's worse since they have a web presence and can have more features.

That being said this has to be the worst thing I have seen come out of this publication and that is saying a good bit. Father Z has US CATHOLIC: Dumb article on the new translation.

That is so bad I don't know what to think.

2 comments:

Mary Kochan -- Catholic Lane said...

"I often wonder how many people that were interested in the Catholic Faith came across it and decided if this was the Catholic Church they were not entering."

Wow! I have never heard anyone acknowledge this possiblity, but it almost happened to me. Not with this mag, but when I first inquired about the faith from a priest, he gave me Christ Among Us. I read that and was so disgusted that I almost left off searching for the Catholic faith. It was an elderly continuing Anglican pastor, who told me that he did not want me to be stumbled away from the Catholic Church, who then procured the CCC for me.

Here is a bit of my conversion story, from being a third-generation Jehovah's Witness, that I posted for Easter: http://catholiclane.com/can-it-be/

James H said...

THANKS!! I think it is a problem. Looking forward to reading your conversion story