Friday, April 29, 2011

For A Minute I Wanted To Be Anglican - Royal Wedding (updated)


















Yep I was up before 2 am watching all this. What was not too like. It was majestic yet had a wonderful simplicity about it. And who could not like the military involvement and the important signs of both Christian and civic religion. For a minute ,like in this great piece from a Catholic viewpoint by Holy Smoke, I really wanted to be Anglican. See This is what the Church of England is for






Bring on the new Ordinariate!!




Update -


I saw this on Twitter and can very much agree:



MississippiMama Danielle
Twitter friends busy being all smug and Above It All, you missed the gospel being presented to about 2 billion people
.



How true. The Homily and the Liturgy were very sound on Marriage.


Update II-


The Houston Religon page looks at the homily here at Royal wedding gets sacred, spiritual tone with high-church homily

Update III- Did the British Press get the GOD angle and American press did not? Great piece at Get Religion at God at the royal wedding







5 comments:

Pro Ecclesia said...

Absolutely loved the reference to St. Catherine of Siena at the beginning of the sermon.

As for wanting to be Anglican ... pshaw! Instead, I find myself demanding "Give us our churches back!"

;-)

Pro Ecclesia said...

Not to mention "Give us our monarchy back, you Protty German usurpers!"

James H said...

LOL Well I can agree with give us the Churhces back!! Maybe some day. The Catherine fo Siena was nice touch

Andy said...

James, you need to get a DVR. I was interested to hear what was said, but not wake-up-at-2am interested.

James H said...

ANDy
I took a real big nap afterward lol