Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Slate Writer Wants A New Reconstruction for the South!!

What a idiot. First using a term like Reconstruction, in which is a period that often misunderstood and stupidity on all sides) is not a way to win friends and influence people.

Southern Appeal has more at ECONOMIC CIVIL WAR

I have heard this North versus South thing by several liberals. It is getting old quick. It is the flip side of 94 and a tad of 2004 where Republicans thought the Democrats might go the way of the dodo bird. I suspect Republican misfortunes in the North and elsewhere will not be so long term. But heck they can live in their fantasy land.

3 comments:

Cajun Huguenot said...

Typical gibberish from a Northern liberal.

Of course he wants another "Reconstruction" it means central government control (i.e. dictatorial rule) of the South.

I am willing to secede if they will let us go without killing hundreds of thousands (if not more) of us this time. Men like Mr. Lind are Imperalists. He wants a South that is compliant and says "Yessa Massa" to its Northern betters.

To bad for hit, ain't gonna happen.

Deo Vindice,
Kenith

James H said...

LOL well I dont want to secede. I suspect up in Yankee Land there is lot more diverse opinion than he thinks on this issue

Cajun Huguenot said...

James,

I have no doubt that you are correct. My best friend is from Niagra Falls, New York. He has become a Southerner over time, but his parents and siblings are all conservative, Polish, Catholic New Yorkers.

BUT, I still have a warm spot in my heart for secession. :-)

Kenith