Sunday, January 6, 2008

Priests Talks How they FEEL when They Celebrate Mass

Major Tip of the hat to From Burke to Kirk and Beyond... to leading to me this post The Loneliness and Beauty of the Mass

Now that blogger is referencing a post That Father Z did that I posted somewhere on this dear ole blog a month ago I think. When you click on the link you will find that a Priest that had not said the "Old Latin Mass", now called the extraordinary form of the Mass, before was overwhelmed with new feelings.

Well it appears that many priest have commented on that post since I posted it. I was so struck They talk about how they feel celebrating both the old and the new. I am struck how the priests are saying how they feel they don't have to "perform" with the Old Mass. How they with the older mass they sense the people with them not before them. Also I was struck how they said it has affected how they say the ordinary form of the mass now. Which is what Pope Benedict was hoping for wasn't. That the old would affect the new. Great post!!! I think I will print her post out andread it before Mass to remind me what wonderful things are about to happen

One priest said:
When I first offered the TLM I too felt loneliness, I felt distanced from the people, I felt exposed “at the front”, all eyes on me. But I have grown with the TLM, my personal spirituality and understanding of the Mass has developed immensely, prayer seems much easier than it ever did before. Though my sense of unworthiness seems heightened because the mysteries of the Mass seem much clearer and powerful to me, I no longer feel alone, my personal relationship with Christ has increased tenfold.I can’t thank the Holy Father enough for enabling more priests to feel and experience what I feel now at the Altar. My celebration of the Novus Ordo is now tempered and has been considerably enhanced by what I feel when celebrating the TLM and the “continuity” of the Rite’s seem to make more sense, though I feel I am supplementing from the old when celebrating the new. I know it is wrong to say it, but the Mass feels like The Mass in the extraordinary form and “extraordinary” seems a very fitting way to describe this awe inspiring rite.

Wow what honest insight we are hearing. It is almost like hearing priest talk shop with each other and we are getting glimpses into these men and what they feel when they said Mass that is something else. Check it out.
:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the good thing about blogging..we get to understand our Priests more & vice versa..

James H said...

That is so true. I thought those thoughts were so fascinating