Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Will Anglican Ordinariate Be Mostly Southern In the USA

A important update and meeting occurred in Texas as to the Ordinariate. American Catholic has U.S. Anglican Ordinariate Update: Father Scott Hurd at Houston’s Our Lady of Walsingham .

This caught my eye:

2. The level of interest in the United States is high in establishing an Anglican Ordinariate. There is a “sun-belt” phenomenon as far as the level of interest and organization that is involved. For example the southern states have shown tremendous interest in the establishment of an Anglican Ordinariate in enthusiasm and numbers which is in contrast to lower levels of interest in such parts as the Midwest and New England.


That I guess is not too shocking since the South is still a religious bastion. However I thought interest in the Midwest might be closer to the Southern numbers.

3 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

James;

Email me and I will give you a little tale about this. Don't want it public.

SJR

James H said...

Cool just saw your comment. WIll send a email later this morning

Tito Edwards said...

Now I'm curious as to what is in that email?

:)