Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The New V Show- a Commentary on Obama Mania? (Updated)

We are the Resistance!!! I hate I missed this. I don't know how it slipped my mind. Have to find it online.

Live the Trinity has a interesting link here from the Chicago Tribune. See The president is a totalitarian space lizard here to eat us?

I was reading this review and this line is classic

A handful of dissidents hold out against the rapturous reception given the V's. Some are simply uneasy, such as the youthful priest Father Jack (Joel Gretsch, "The 4400"), who sharply criticizes the Vatican's embrace of the V's as divine creations: "Rattlesnakes are God's creatures too."

LOL

Update-

Oh Dear there must be something too this. The New Republic Folks hate it lol. See V: Tea Party TV

All I got to say is welcome to my world that had to endure very much in your face Republican and Bush bashing in the entertainment world for 8 long years. What is striking is how the New Republic guys are so seriouson this. They don't understand they are making fun of the whole Obama mania stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

James,

Do you remember the original?

I was a 13-year-old SciFi geek who loved the mini-series and the follow-up TV series.

The premier Tuesday night was pretty good, but not satisfying. Everything seemed a little rushed.

My 13-year-old daughter loved it. She can't wait for next Tuesday night. We don't watch a lot of TV, so this will be must-see for us.

About Obama: Even if I had not read about the connections to Obama and the Democrats, it would have been obvious.

There was one "theological" point that bothered me. And it was so obvious that even my daughter caught it.

The writers seem to have confused worship with devotion. At one point the two Anglican priests discuss the danger of the V. They say something about how we might end up worshiping the V. Or even worse ... being devoted to them.

We thought - Hey, wait a minute! Worship is 1,000 times worse than devotion.

Oh, well.